Sunday, January 20, 2013

All the Little Lights


Outside Dilli Haat, India
The dawn slowly whispers through the barbed wire of half open windows. I have spent the whole night with The Time Traveler's wife. It is hard not to be enchanted by the book, I had warned you. The beauty of the night enhanced with every page inhaled. I smile at the lines which you have marked in the book. As if the fresh air is dancing, intoxicated by the promises of yesterday. For a moment, I close my eyes and I am a delightful mixture of colorful stories you carry within yourself and the beautiful things we have said to each other. I see you sleeping on my side, with your arm on my chest. And The Time Traveler's wife lies happily on my other side. It has been a good night. I know, you will feel a bit jealous in the morning. I promise myself to fix you your favorite breakfast in the morning. Your smile will make sure, that a beautiful dawn will indeed lead to a beautiful day.

Days, when you are not here feel like pointed needles. Pricking me through out the day. Not piercing enough to drip blood. But, a constant reminder nonetheless. I walk bare foot on a cold floor on a shivering day. The chill burns my toes and starts climbing up through the legs. Before it reaches my heart, I say your name and remember your face. The warmth of your absence soothes me. And, then I wonder what your presence would be like..

Your touch gives me hope.
Fear of the unknown, I still walk through.
Because, I am surrounded by everything. But you.
I see you seating on an empty bench under a sad sky.
Saved by your innocence, you are not wet. Rain is Dry.

You walk slowly and the light breeze rustle the leaves sleeping on the pavement. We walk through the memory lanes alighted by space shining between us. The Time Traveler's wife has brought us closer. Its a connection between two souls. The connection between the shadows and lights. And the passion which that connection ignites.

14 comments:

  1. Damn it. You are already ahead this year.

    What happened to your movie watching spree!!!!! Back to books again!

    Honestly, novels haven't ever excited me. So, I wouldn't know what you are talking about.

    And btw, please stop by my blog sometime. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am back here. Let the race start again... :P

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written with so many feelings and imagery dear Kunal and a beautiful photograph conveying the warm glow of passion and love.
    Greetings my friend.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Dianne. I missed writing here. Hope to be regular now. :)

      Delete
  3. There is indeed something about the way u write. and i gotta start reading this novel soon..hhehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 'Of Prisms and Lives' :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely pic and nice lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I am sure, dangerous, but in a good way. Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. First, you are getting better with camera. And what a beautiful verse. I was reading one post yesterday and it triggered the memories of that verse which I shared on Fb. Hence I came searching for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Saru. I try not to flaunt the photos clicked by me. This is the only place, where I share. Thanks for coming here again. :)

      Delete