Thursday, May 24, 2012

JUST REVERSE THE SIGN


A photographer trying to capture this gorgeous sunset at Tungnath (3680 m) in Garhwal, Uttarakhand. Another photographer trying to capture both! :-P

I would like to have dinner with you. Or a Lunch, perhaps? A breakfast might be a little uncomfortable for both of us, but I would agree to it, if that suits you better. May be, we would just sit on opposite sides and talk. No need of greetings and formalities. That was never needed. That will never be needed. All words will have a meaning. No words will have an outer covering. That is the thing we have always admired about each other. That is the only thing we have managed to admire about each other.

Pure Hate, like Pure Love is a rare thing to have. Anything pure, for that matter is a precious commodity now-a-days. I know you will loathe me for using the word commodity. Love is not a commodity. Why should Hate face such ignominy? I request you not to take the word seriously. But then I would contradict myself. OK, I will strike out that word. Pure Hate, like Pure Love is just precious.  Hard to Find. Harder to maintain. 

That is why I ask you to sit with me. Pure Hate needs constant nourishment. If we don’t sit together, how would we find new, fresh and genuine reasons to hate each other? With an ever increasing intensity? With Passion? We both know, we won’t hold anything back in hating each other. Just like pure Lovers. We just operate differently. We are capable of hating each other with all our hearts. We both know why. Because, we know each other completely. We understand each other like no one ever can.

Origins of Pure Love and Pure Hate are same. Only the fruits are bitter. We do not need to hide our flaws from each other. There is nothing we need to pretend when we face each other. To each other, we are as naked as one can be. The moment, we start to pretend, this relationship of Pure Hate would cease to exist. Lovers lose respect for each other. We would lose disgust for each other.  The flame may burn slowly for some more time, but it will be feeding on our conscience. And one day nothing will be left. And a burden on conscience is not good for any relationship. I know it. You know it.

Pure Love is about not needing to say too much. Pure Hate banks on saying everything on the face. Ironically, both need patient listening. In Love, we listen to signs, eyes, touches and unspoken words. In Hate, we listen to our own anger. In Love, we care. In Hate, we hurt.

I know you will not blink an eye in saying ‘I HATE YOU’ loudly and in front of the whole world. That Frankness. I wonder, if Pure Love can match this quality. No Guilt. Not asking for clemency. Not seeking one. PURE HATE. PURE LOVE. JUST REVERSE THE SIGN.

In pure love, people grow. In Pure Hate we will decay. Decaying, like growing is a sign of living.

Question is still hanging. Would you come? I will be waiting.  To Hate you. Wholeheartedly. 

Photo Credit - Who Else but me? ;-)

                                           - HAUSLE BULAND

35 comments:

  1. Wow dear Kunal, great writing, love and hate are both passionate emotions and very close to each other but love makes us grow, hate destroys, I would always wish that love prevailed over hate.

    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Dianne for your encouraging words. And I know I am so way way late in replying to all these comments. Well..it was just a artistic expression on love and hate and I know on whose side I am on! :-)

      Delete
  2. OMG!!!!! How awesome are you with ur imagination?? And here I see such beauty in ur expression. Surpasses so many things..
    Words we all use
    Words you taste, I sip,
    And then we add our magical ingredients,
    Well.. Then pure aroma rises,
    And yours,spreads afar.... Tasted by all:)

    All I would say is that this hate is sheer love for the other cloaked in nothing but hatred.. At least u make it sound that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last line of your comment captures the essence of what I was trying to hide. Or not exactly trying to hide, but just a passing whiff was what I wanted to show to the reader. :-)

      Thank You for your words, again. :-)

      Delete
  3. OMG!!! This is so amazing.

    As I was reading, I kept telling myself, this is the line I love the most.. then the next one..again the next one...

    Each line is so pure, its precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Neha. I am glad you liked this abstract work. :-)

      Delete
  4. So true...our love or hate are a rarity these days. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious writing. Beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had read a book sometime ago.. ok.. a little more time ago... Its a Love story which turned into a hate story mid way or shall i say the protagonists thought it to be a hate story but in the end it came out to be a Love story... :D

    I think... such Pure Hate Relationship can be possible only when it has been burnt out from a Pure Love Relationship.. So are they the two faces of the same coin.. and do they flip??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way, I would say they are similar in a way that both bank upon a passion tending towards madness. Both have the capacity to destroy life, but only one has the capacity to make life beautiful. Getting my point? :-P

      Delete
  8. although love and hate appear to be polar opposites but both are intimately linked within the human thoughts...and the reason of being more vocal during "HATE" is perhaps somehow we as an individual want to show our counterpart that if I can love you to the extreme then even i can hate you too with the same intensity....thats how i feel....:))

    BTW an impressive write up......loved the way you maintained the flow of words here.....:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irfanuddin. :-)And I somehow I agree with your words. :-)

      Delete
  9. very well written kunal sir..

    but sir who can define pure love , or is there something called pure love for I am sure we all have something wrong somewhere ..
    although HATE is something that can be PURE , if you know what i mean

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no one can define it. It is only to be felt. In our own way. :-)

      Delete
  10. You have such a unique way of saying unspoken things...deeply attached meaning..A vivid perspective!

    I love this write up. No hate for any word here :P :)

    And just to add..its not possible to develop pure hate for a pure love that existed. Because in that case..the love certainly wasn't 'pure' :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sugar Cube. :-)
      And Nice circular logic there! :-P

      Delete
  11. Kunal,., I really like the way u write,, everybody writes about love, and here u wrote about hatred,, its co partner..and specially these lines..
    In Love, we care. In Hate, we hurt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would come, for sure :) And we would eat too.. Get some spicy things for me ready....

    Oh, and what's the title? "Reverse the sign" Hmmm.... Still wondering..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote a post some time back titled 'not a love story' which revolved around a similar base, that like pure love even pure hatred is something which can exist.
    but u r magical with ur words, and i say this each time i read a post on ur blog. Its not every day u get to read words which not just flow freely but also strike hard.

    sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!
      Its good that you could find an echo of your own thoughts here. :-)

      Delete
  14. wow...that's awesome...lovely read )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love cannot be pure coz of its nature and its complexity. It is volatile and can be destroyed in second. Maybe I am wrong. HATE well that is less volatile.
    So whats cooking! I shall come :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...you looked like..you were in a hurry to eat and just rushed through the logic. I won't mind anyway! :P

      Delete
  16. thats was awesome. liked ur write up.nd the way u described both the contradictory emotions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rockin post Kunal :)

    methinks pure hate is a powerful force n if it is channeled properly, it can be a very powerful driving force :)

    I simply loved ur line "Pure Hate needs constant nourishment".. its so simple that it is so true :)

    Great thought, Kunal.. loved this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. two sides of the same coin! love - hate!
    so well expressed.

    and that pic is superb

    ReplyDelete