Thursday, April 5, 2012

Don't Lean Back That Way. You Might Fall.


Bay of Biscay, Near Bilbao, Spain
                                                  
                                   You took away your shoulder.
                                   When, I only want to lean.
                                   Thank You for coming to my end. 
                                   Now, I can peacefully begin.

                                    I know your history.
                                    But, not  your past.
                                    Tears in your eyes.
                                    How long will I last?



                                                                                                      - HAUSLE BULAND

P.S - Not getting enough time to read all your wonderful posts. But, be patient my friends. I will visit them all soon. Real soon. :-)

Title taken from a chapter from the book 'The Museum of Innocence' By Orhan Pamuk.


Photo Credit - 'Me' :-)

17 comments:

  1. A beautiful, wistful poem dear Kunal and a lovely image.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Dianne. Your words always inspire me to do well...

      Delete
  2. Ahh..after a long time...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..rahul..A bit busy..dats all.. :-)
      Thank You for coming.

      Delete
  3. Tears in your eyes.
    How long will I last?
    - really nice.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely one once again sire...
    why do people do that pull the shoulder away jsut when we need them the most ..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and beautiful words Kunal. Felt good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that chapter. It's when Sibel and him are sitting on the swings right? At the picnic for the softdrink factory? Oh, my memory of that book is so fevered but vague. Like a vivid dream. :)

    And speaking of your poem, lovely! I loved these lines, "I know your history. But, not your past." Wow! That's a fabulous way to make that distinction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right TUIB. :-)
      Just finished that book and what a wonderful read it was... And I was waiting for someone to spot that distinction... You did! :P
      Thank You. :-)

      Delete
  7. Lovely lines! Heard u have moved back to India, hope u have settled down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ria. Yes..You heard it correct. Moved back to Delhi and getting used to the heat after living in the laps of Alps for about a year... Thank you for asking. :-)

      Delete
  8. MY God im reading that book now..I havent come to that part yet..and yeah what a book man!!!

    Loved the first two lines especially :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it some time back...A wonderful read.... and thank you for your time TOSM.. :-)

      Delete
  9. Great stuff. I like it. Thank you for sharing.


    ECG Paper

    ReplyDelete