Thursday, September 29, 2011

But Then..


I listened to everything you had to say.
Your frustrations, whims or complain.
But, when I wanted to say something,
You said, I use too much brain.

                                           There were a few things common between us.
                                           You liked to get wet in the rain.
                                           It worked fine for me as well.
                                           Rain washed away all my stain..(of hearts!)

I wanted to say everything.
But, there was nothing to gain.
It was already too late.
Perhaps, I had missed the train.

                                            I have told you before..(if not directly!)
                                            I am not telling you again.
                                            Now, please do not ask what,
                                            I am not going to explain.

I did not pursue you
It was too much of a strain.
When I saw you for the first time,
It is true, I was already slain.

                                             I knew it would not have happened
                                             It was so plain. And In vain.
                                             You would have trampled my heart
                                             With such disdain!


I still see you sometimes, Passing by
I know you still visit 'that' place often
Maybe, I will come there someday
I just do not know when.

                                              But just so you know.
                                              I am all right. I am sane.
                                              I looked at your photos before.
                                              But today, I refrain

Now, do not show pity on me.
That is entirely my domain.
(Not always), But I can control my grief
I can contain my pain

                                                The chains were too strong. They still are.
                                                It was my curse and bane
                                                I was not very strong. I am still not.
                                                But I will sustain. But THEN...


                                                                                                       Kunal

45 comments:

  1. But then.. you will always be in me,
    your memory will forever remain.
    My life is just mine now,
    Not anyone's property to gain.

    to this, lets drink my boy,
    vodka, rum, whiskey and champagne :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...u have woven the words so magically...and love the alignment going from left to right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kunal, I was not aware that you write so beautifully. Lovely...

    Saru

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all rhymes, that's the best part.

    Maybe she lost out on someone who truly loves her..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful...touching..sometimes i feel that had we not had words what would have become of our grief or happiness..they give us the strength to get things out of our system or maybe ,to realize things within our system...
    and something happens, when we are stripped of words..but then thats a different thing altogether...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just soo beautifully crafted. Simple yet sooo profound. You should write more of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From a writer to a poet? Heading that way? Well, I have heard people say, that "Me shaayar to nahi, Magar ae haseen...."

    So, Who's it? Has she read it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. But then .. I guess its time ot move on ..

    and find someone with whom one is compatible :)

    lovely poem , MAde me remember some TIME ages ago

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple , straightforward and from the heart. Nice!

    @Express- Liked you addition too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful writing from the heart and the rhymes blend nicely :) Thanks so much for your visit to my blog. I appreciate the comment and follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How could you write with such a skill? Loved the way you pour out the emotions in sense of perfect rhymes.

    You gotta write more of them cause I feel like reading one more poem like that.

    Everything cool, yeah? You don't sound so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kunal my dear!! Where were you hiding this side of yours. I think this was brilliant. I like plain, simple english without that shakespearen touch and lifted from thesaurus feel!

    I had a smile at my face in the end, for I have been through what you just described, I saw the photos, not again :)

    Cheers
    Chintu Singh

    ReplyDelete
  14. i definitely got mesmerized by your poem and fell....

    Cheers!

    SUB

    ReplyDelete
  15. "I have told you before..(if not directly!)
    I am not telling you again.
    Now, please do not ask what,
    I am not going to explain."

    Something that I totally get. I liked the all of them but this one I really liked.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I felt much pain when I read this, but it is beautiful written and I like it.
    Happy weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hayeeee. Lambi judai... Lambi judai...

    I dont know how this song got in my mind after reading your post.

    Anyways, it was a good poem.
    I had actually thought it was some song lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  18. simply superb! with flow of rhythm & feelings!
    i would like to read more poems from you! keep writing & smiling always!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some memories don't die. They remain, and even if we try, at a point, we all go back to them!
    Very well written. I loved the rhyming you created in every stanza :)

    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. loved the flow...simple and sensible
    kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. loved it completely.. love the words, simple yet so perfect, and the flow of emotions were too good... (clap clap clap) ...i love it when you write posts with a lil of mush thrown in ...:P ..waiting for moreeee :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Look, beautiful Read..
    High on emotion.. but like pearls brought together to form a necklace..

    ReplyDelete
  23. There shall always be a 'but then...'. Very nice flow in your poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely poignant lines...nicely crafted words!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wah re putra tum to cha gaye... Awesome poem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got drunk too...well u have said it so beautifully..Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i liked the way it rhymes ;)

    nicely written :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dude..nice.. really cud relate to a lot of 'em :)

    Beautifully written, Kunal :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Express:

    Nice continuation..especially the last line :D

    Ria:

    Thank you. :)

    Saru:

    Sometimes..good things come in bits and pieces ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. PeeVee:

    Thank you. And I don't know about her..haha...Its all good :)

    A grain of sand:

    Thank you. And Couldn't agree more with what you say here.. :)

    Red Handed:

    Thank you. More of these? I thought, you are not particularly kind to poets! haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  31. Psycho:

    main shayar to bilkul bhi nahi.. :)

    Bikramjit:

    Thank you. Hope..the memories were good :)

    Sameera:

    Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lady Fiona:

    Thank you.

    KN:

    Thank you. Even I didn't know..if I had that skill. I was just giving it a try :)

    And yeah..its all good :)

    Chintan:

    Glad that you liked it. I wasn't hiding. I didn't know..if I would like this side of mine! :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sub:

    Haha...Thank you :)

    Zeba:

    Glad that you could connect to the poem :)

    Spiderdama:

    Cheers and Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aasiyah:

    Thank you. Nice song..which came to your mind. :P

    Soumya:

    Thank you very much. Watch this space for more. You never know..what you will get! :P

    Philo:

    Thank you. Yeah..some memories are hard to let go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sugar Cube:

    Thank you :)

    Menachery:

    Well..a lil of mush is good. haha...good..that you liked it. :)

    Princess:

    hmmm..'Pearls brought together to form the necklace...' thank you..I never thought of this way...bas koi aise mil jaaye..jisko necklace de saku!..haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  36. SprigBlossoms:

    Thank you.

    Kalyan:

    Thank you.

    Nikhimemon:

    Thank you for your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Chidi:

    haha..Danke :)

    Alka:

    After a long time..
    Thank you :)

    The other side of me:

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Rahul Bhandare:

    Thank you :)

    Raj:

    Thanks Dude.. :)

    Many Color of Happiness:

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  39. hmm....very ice poetry...it can't be DEVIL's WORK at all....hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  40. After 2-3 shots this poem sounds more beautiful to me. I like the way you have sketched your feelings.... <3

    P.S. I am not drunk :P

    ReplyDelete
  41. Rachna:

    Thank you!

    Thinking:

    Everyone is a devil..some more ..some less...don't you agree? :P

    WonderWall:

    You sure..you not drunk..you fell!! :P

    Thank you for hopping on here :)

    ReplyDelete