Thursday, November 25, 2010

Friday, the 19th

The Metro Lines went dead on last Friday evening(at least the Gurgaon Line). I was already late from office and when I saw the half open shutters of the Metro station and people coming out with dejected faces and angry words, I knew, it was going to be tough ride going to Delhi. There was a large group people standing on the road, waiting for cabs and buses. As soon as some cab pulled up on the side of the road, a bunch of people would just leap in that direction, not caring about ladies or old people standing on their sides. On that day, it was just about somehow getting a ride.

I decided to wait. It was a friday night, so I could afford to be late. I walked to the next Metro station, where the nearest McDonalds is present. I was getting a craving for its McVeggie Burger. I reached the Mall which hosted the McDonalds about 9:00 PM. I first went to a Om Book shop to check out some books. As I was browsing through books of different categories, I noticed a girl browsing through the same section (History), a couple of columns to my right. She was talking on her mobile, when I heard the words-
'Six Days of War, ok, ok...hmm...yeah...ok..fine...bye'

She got off the phone and looked over to her left and right in search of an attendant. She called out the nearest one and asked him if the book 'Six Days of War' is available. She did not remember the name of the author, but she added that it is a famous title. The attendant excused himself to check and confirm.

'If it is famous title, how come I have not heard of that before'. This thought crossed my mind. As she was still waiting, I thought to enlighten her(and myself) about the author of the book. I quickly pulled out my mobile and opened the browser. I opened wikipedia and quickly searched 'Six Days of War'. As I waited for the result, the attendant came and told her that book is not available. I got an image of the book, but the search was still continuing and I saw the girl moving away from the shelves. I cursed my mobile, stopped the search and just zoomed in about the text which has the author's name. In 2 sec, I had the answer. I turned towards her and was about the tell the name, when I saw her moving away. Oh...no..I thought. Then I noticed him. The guy who was coming towards her. In a ponytail, with a funky phone in one ear, he came and put one hand around her and took her away.

I walked out of the shop after few minutes and bought a takeway order of two McVeggie burgers and went on my way to look for ride to Delhi.

It is Michael Oren, by the way.

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha.

    Well, first of all, get a 3G connection.

    Secondly, stop making plans of having a girl friend now. It's too late.

    Third, Well, don't try to show that you know everything. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you wrote that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better Luck nxt time... and badaam khao... will save time.. as searching ur brain has lesser response time than searching the Internet.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol....waah...itni kahinyon mein se ...sachi bhi toh dekho kaunsi..??lol..do all good girls have guys with them??:P...sigh....and do all good looking guys have girls with them...sigh....:P...fir hum velle kyun baithe hain abhi tak??:P lol,
    bus taanki hum yeh kahaniyan likhein??

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL :) :) If life was a movie, she would turn out to be a regular reader of your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete