Friday, January 15, 2010

MY NEW INTERNET CONNECTION



I guess, it was almost destined. A new year and nothing new happens. I was not ready to keep it that way. So, I hopped. For no particular reason, I took a release from my project (though I had to make 10 different execuses for this). I joined a new project in a different city, amidst dusty glass buildings of Gurgaon. I looked for a new house in the vicinity of my office (Alone, if it is if any interest to anyone!!). So much 'NEW' to start a New year, isnt it?

And I needed a new Internet Connection for my new home.

Now, I dont know, if Reliane can sue me for this post. Well, who cares?

DAY 0: WEDNESDAY: 6th Jan 2010: OPTIMISM

I called a person(called Mr X from now on) from Reliance asking for a Net Connection. I met him on this day. Mr X explained me the different plans and I settled for a 649 plan with 300kbps speed and unlimited download(important factor in my case). I gave Mr X my photo id proof and Rs 500 in cash. I told him I need the connection by Sunday as I was checking into the new house on that day. Working properly without any hiccups. Mr X said, 'ho jayega, sir!!'


DAY 3: SATURDAY: 9th Jan: UNCERTAIN

I called Mr X in the evening asking about the status. I got a positive response from him. Everything on track.

DAY 4: SUNDAY:10th Jan: Part1: ANTICIPATION

I called Mr X before departing from my old home asking about the connection.

Me: Haanji bhaiya, kya hua connection ka?
X: sir, aap aa gaye kya ghar mein
Me: aaya nahi hun, aa raha hun.
X: Aap aaye na sir, connection lag jaunga. Main bhejta hun lagane ke liye kisi ko.
Me: Mujhe 2-3 ghante lagange aane mein. Tab tak please kisi ko bhej kar sab kuch fit kara dijiye.
Main aane ke baad test kar lunga.
X: Aap aaye sir, ho jayega.

DAY 4: SUNDAY:10th Jan: Part2: DISBELIEF and SIGH

I reached home in the evening and found nothing. I called Mr X to inquire.

X: sir, ek ladke ko bheja hai. wo aa kar laga dega.
Me: kitni der mein aayega? 7 baj chuke hai.
X: wo aata hi hoga sir.

At 8 PM

Me: kya hua bhaiya? koi aaya nahi abhi tak.
X: wo sir, actually wo chala gaya.
Me: chala gaya matlab?
X: ab kal lagega sir. usko chutti mil gayi.
Me: ek hi ladka hai kya aapke paas. kisi aur ko bhejiye.
X: Abhi koi hai nahi sir. Main kal lagwa deta hun aapka.
Me:huhh....

DAY 5: MONDAY: 11th Jan: DESPARATION

Nobody came till 6 PM. I called once again.

Mr X: kya hua sir? Koi aaya nahi abhi tak.
Me:kahan koi aaya yaar.
Mr X: 10 min mein call karo sir. main bande ko bhej raha hun abhi.

After 15 mins

Ring................. No Answer
The number you are trying is switched off. Please try again.
............................................
............................................

Around 8 PM..

Call to Mr X finally connects.

Me: kya hua bhaiya?
X: sir, actually wo ladka kahin connection laga raha tha. phir usko late ho gaya to wo chala gaya
hai. Abhi dekh raha hun kisi ko, par koi hai nahi.
Me: arre yaar, kaisa ladka hai aap ka. mere connection ka kya hoga.
X: kal subah mein ho jayega sir. aap 10 30 baje tak rehna.
Me: Main nahi reh sakta subah. mera office hai. 5 baje ke baad hi hoga.
X: main aapko ek number(Mr Y) deta hun sir. isko call karna kal. ye banda bhej dega aapko jab bhi aapko chahiye hoga.


DAY 6: TUESDAY : 12th Jan: DISDAIN

I called Mr Y.

Me: connection nahi lagana hai to pehli hi bata dete yaar. itno torture karne ki kya zarurat hai mujhe. Galti ho gayi jo reliance to contact kiya. Mujhe nahi chahiye connection. Jisse bhi bhejna, paise de kar bhejna. Mujhe nahi chahiye connection.

Nobody even came to give the money back.
No phone is reachable.

DAY 7: WEDNESDAY: 13th Jan : DEVOID OF ANY FEELING

Knock-knock around 6 PM.

Reliance ka connection lagane aaye the sir!!!


Welcome to Reliance Broadband!!




4 comments:

  1. Shit man, I just wrote a post about you not getting a connection.

    Shaahh....Now, I have to be more active.

    Seriously, when I had a similar situation, I so desperate to get my net connected that, I could have easily pleaded before him.
    Bhaiya, please bhaiya, net lagado, jindagi bhar nahi bhulunga tumhara ye ehsaan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easily I to but I contemplate the list inform should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

    ReplyDelete