Monday, December 15, 2008

An Unwelcome Development


In addition to make me emotionally confusing, increasing the patriotic feelings in me by somewhere around 200% , making my current job profile look as useless as ever  and an immediate thought to apply for a gun license instead of a driving license, the recent blasts have changed my life in one way which I am definitely not enjoying.
 Now, what is the relation between you and your work place? Your organization in particular? Are you loyal to it? Or loyal and dedicated enough to spend your leisure weekends thinking about that module which you left unfinished on Friday night. Do you love your work enough ‘not to say NO to your seniors’ when they ask you to come to office and work  on every single holiday. And sometimes, they don’t even ask, but its just a tacit agreement between the two of you, on which you don’t want to disagree. I will give you my answer. I am only loyal to myself. My relation with my work as of now is just- ‘I work and it pays me’. Ironically, when I started, I used to hear these words often repeated-‘We are not here for charity’. What a pity, they don’t apply this rule while extracting work from us. Oh, sorry for veering from the topic. Now, as I said, I just regard my job as ‘I work and it pays me well enough to make my ends meet’. Please don’t come out with your theories of ‘Work is worship’ and stuffs like that. I will not buy it. Yeah, I know the reason for my thinking this way. Lets not go into that.
So, what was the point of saying all this? Why should I  wear my company tag around my neck which has my I-Card hanging at the cross-section with a photo on which I look  terrible and my name printed beside it?I have this habit of always keeping my I-Card either stuffed in my pockets or deep inside my bag. I was getting along with it very nicely, until one not so fine afternoon, one of the security guards asked me – Where is your I-Card sir? I immediately took it out from my pocket and showed it to him. He said-Please display it sir? He actually asked me to wear it. I looked like a dog who has lost his memory and is made to wear a belt with his master’s name engraved, so that he realizes that he is still loyal to his master. This was the day after the blast.
I did it for two complete days. But, once again instincts took over. I could not care more about this. No body has asked me since to wear that. But bad days come when you are not ready for it. But, I am always ready. I want somebody to stop me and inquire me about my tag. I have my reply ready. ‘Though, I hate this place as much, I will not blow it up!!’

4 comments:

  1. Abe.....Tu ruk...Tere pichche 4-5 police laga deta hun..phir har 5 minute me checking hoga....hahaha...

    But frankly speaking, if you think about that DL incident, I sometimes think that I am no better than those politicians...I bribed the policeman...And they accepted it....Isn't that a crime??? shouldn't I have been punished that night, along with Mitra, atleast a danda each on our bums, if not hawalaat ki hawa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh DL incident kyaa hai? Comment likhne ghusaa thaa. Subb bhool gayaa. Police, ghoos, dandaa?? Yeh sabb kaunsi kahani hai?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe...psycho was caught by police recently in Bangalore without a DL..and Mitra was seating behind him..yet again...usi ko refer kar raha hai...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a precarious love-hate relationship.

    ReplyDelete