Saturday, September 6, 2008

Anger Non - Management

I was damn angry today. Literally out of my mind. Not sure if I should even write this blog. Or should I even call it a blog? May be for everyone but not for me. If I had been in my senses, may be it would have found a secluded place in my brain and rested thereafter. But, since it makes no difference either way, why not write it and see if it has any takers? And even if it doesnt, I am angry anyway. So, this is not my regular piece of -' a lame try to create humor ' kind of blog. And for the first time, I least care about how bad my literature is or whether the use of that verb was apt or not. The point is to get my message across.

As you all know, and just in case, if some of you are not aware because you were too busy coding 500 lines of java a day, let me inform you that BIHAR is drowning. Its not the first time and the future does not look so great either. And no second guesses now that BIHAR is my home state. Yes, the same wretched, dirty, uncultured, polluted, corrupted place, where everybody who has atleast heard the name will be happy to starve in Antartica than to go there and reside. Yes, the same place which gave India its first President. The president who in his school days got a remark - "The examinee is better than examiner". The same place which gave world Jainism and Buddhism. The same place which at one time boasted of the first university in world. I can go on and on, but what matters is the present and its future. No kind of development happening in the state seems to change the mindset of people who are completely unaware of -'erstwhile glory days of Bihar' and has grown up hearing only about Laloo Prasad yadav and Rabri Devi. Their no discussion with a Bihari completes without asking 'did he did what he did' and whether it is a safe place or whether every second Bihari is a thug ready to pounce upon you and relieve you of your valuables without thinking twice. Guys, Guys, Guys....are you nuts? Well, I am not here to clear any myths about Bihar and neither I am so hopeful that IBM will open a R&D lab in Patna after somehow stumbling on this blog. And I definitely dont have a Harry Potter's wand which can put all the misery to end in time less than what it takes to pronounce Bihar. I know it will require a herculean effort to get things on track.I am just here to give my anger a vent and some day may be Bihar will catch up on all the states. Just remember that if Bihar progresses, India progresses too...

Now, why was I angry? It so happened today that we got a mail in office today to donate voluntarily for Prime Minister Relief fund to aid the deteriorating flood situation in Bihar. While, I am not going to reveal how much I contributed, but here is what I heard from few of my collegues during lunch. One of them remarked, how was it useless to contribute money and they were dead sure that money is not going to reach people. One of them remarked (in fact advising me) that if you want to send Rs 10 to Bihar, donate Rs 100 here. Man, I was amazed how did he reach to this precise calculation. I said," Dude, I am from Bihar". And then, he said something about not being aware that I am from Bihar and so and so!! I was feeling like,"To hell with all of you".

Whoever is reading this blog - Just answer my question honestly. Will your feelings, attitude or behaviour towards me change before and after coming to know that I am from Bihar?
Will you make a slight stiff noise with your nose and a contorted face if you ask me which place I belong and I say Bihar?

If yes, maintain a safe distance from me. No, I am not going to kill you or harm you, but I dont want myself to be in yours company.

I know this post will be a kind of shock for many of my friends as they are not used to seeing me in this avataar. Just want them to know that this kind of silly and baseless comments can bring out the beast in me sometimes. And I am not here to convince every living soul that Bihar is a paradise. Certainly it is not. But its atleast better than most of all those contorted faces. I will rather let my work do the talking. Yes, I am angry. But I have enough sense and strength to bounce back.

Watched Rock On!! - Feeling relaxed and pumped at the same time!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kunnu,I guess, people don't really think about what they are saying before letting out the words in the open. I mean, everyone has the right to feel anything, but I have also felt sometimes, that people don't just have the right to say everything that they feel. May be, those few words from your colleagues, might got yourself into this mood. Even I am from Bihar, basically, I also sometimes think that Bihar cannot progress and stuffs like this. But, whats the big deal?? I say the same things about Orissa, Karnataka, and all the other states who get into newspaper headlines now and then. Even for India as a whole. But, I guess, this was too much. It's ok to be angry, and also ok to shout or hit back at someone....Chill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kunal,

    It is best to show your anger at the moment... You did it right, but one point that you did not mention here was what did you tell the guy...

    I really do not know history about the bihar (Or may be any part of world) but current circumstances make peoples think. And we all are aware with those situation. surly i do not have any mood to defend those idiots who not have sense of shitting at right place.. but be calm, you have other thinks to work upon... and chill madi

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the first time i m commenting on smbody's blog...dunno...wot's the lingo used in this part of the world...m really a novice...its nt ur hurt feeling or insult to bihar that makes me write this...it's cuz me and thousands like u n me start their lives in some hinterland of bihar...struggle...fight...succeed n reach the echelons of the world every year...v attribute our success to our efforts, our hardwork, parents....so on...bt that poor state in the middle of the country gets no recognition...don't u think ppl like u n me r priveliged enuf to rise to this level n there r milions who can't...n one of the many reasons for their failure is ppl luk u n me...who take away their opportunites...take awat those seats in covetted institutes...grow up..n do nothin for r poor state...wot do v do...v write blogs, share mails...chit-chat, talk about it in high societies...bt do nothin concrete...
    i knw u r confused...wot do i mean to say...hv i done nethng which others haven't...NO...NO...no..
    so...wot's the point...
    lets 4get about metros...4get about b'lores n gurgaons...do somethng for the landof origin...replace all those whom u think are not workin properly..lets not be critical...lets just remove them...v rise up...v take politics in our hands...v work in that "insecure" state...y not work in patna than in manhattan...v invest r wealth in that "unproductive" state...v develop those schools which v disdained at...n didnt join cuz they wr of not gud standards...
    r v really willing to do that...
    atleast i will...i will appreciate help from like minded ppl...bt i m nt dependent upon them...
    i ll fathom those "risky" roads of BIHAR...
    i will...i will...I WILL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well said kapi....
    dats y there is a small line at the bottom of my blog "I will rather let my work do the talking". And believe me, this was the comment my blog was waiting for. You have every right to be critical of me. But trust me, if u can...there is more of me than just eating bun and laughing with friends. And it doesnt matter if any body else supports me in any way...bcoz deep down I know...What I have to do.

    thx a lot for commenting...

    ReplyDelete