Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ideas...Oops...They are so many!!!!


Writing is an ART. I have long admired people with a knack of writing. And when i say writing, it means not just arranging of words(and why only words?)...but which involves a thought process..and may have the ability to initiate the thinking process in the mind of the reader. How many times have you been stunned by reading a piece of paragraph from a novel, or stumbled upon a piece of shayari that touches your heart or heard a lyrics which forces you to close your eyes and you just say - Oh, So Beautiful!! and hearing it many times over just enhances the pleasure. Well, you must have undergone these pleasures quite a few times....I am sure.
I always admired(or envied?) those who were/are near me and they have the ability to create a symphony of words. I have been fortunate to have friends who are quite diverse in their nature as well as their specific talents. If one is a damn good painter(i was too at some time in my life;though only a painter and not damn good), the other one is a writing wizard. I have friends who are creative while talking on phone (talking for 4 hrs definitely requires creativity), creative while looking for excuses, even creative doing nothing but giving an impression of being very busy!!! Writing a novel have been one of my long cherished dreams.(Dreams....oh they are so many!!). This is just the beginning.
My first piece of this so called blog really took a long time to come in to existence. I am been asked so many times by my friends(well, one guy in particular) - Abe kab shuru kar raha hai tu likhna? And i would just say...Karunga. And i will get reply - Tu bas soch?
Well, how can i write without thinking? You see, the problem was not the lack of ideas, but the plenty of them. There were so many things going inside my head, that it was difficult to trace the root of one idea to its trunk. But then i had to create a symphony of words..literally speaking!! So here I am - on the first morning after Diwali to pick out one of those ideas lying in the pool and start building upon that.
I have always been fascinated by ONE LINERS, especially the funny ones due to their sheer content in their fragile bodies.

Consider one of these:
I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
Or,
Oh Lord, give me patience, and GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

The one with messages :

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Two one liners which i have been hearing since time immemorial are:
Well begun is half done.
All's well that ends well.

Both are true. Very true indeed. But I was wondering what happened to the soul of the the task. The very crux of the matter. How come no one liner was phrased for the middle part. Even if you begun well, sleeping after that will undo everything...and you cannot complete the other half if your intensity levels have decreased. Yoy are just not going to end well if you do not continue the good work...through out. You will get a product as good as your effort. In my opinion -
All's well that ends well - has a message of mediocrity hidden inside it, used to justify when you managed a good product what could have been a better product, if only one had the same intensity.

But then there is another one liner - Easier said than done!!

I am not sure, how well the product has turned out to be in this case, but my friend-critics who are all there, please do read this ....and ofcourse your comments will keep me on my toes.

thanks psycho for challenging me!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So, it has started. Congrats. Now, I have some competition. :-)

    About the "One-Liners", well, yes, sometimes I have been bowled over by some of them. But I seldom use them in conversations. I would rather make my own one-liners than using others'.

    When can i see the next one? Before CAT or would you busy with studies, now that you have received your CAT admit card.

    "Well begun is half done"!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Well begun is half done"... Now there's a one liner with which I disagree more than with "Alls well that ends well". To tell the truth never actually understood the meaning of the latter one. But as you will find out, maintaining this blog will indeed be "easier said than done".

    All the same, solid, stable start hai, bidoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After so many days n nights spent in office...I finally got time to read these posts actually....first things first....solid start hai bhaiiiii.....n to tell you sale abhi tak tu change nahi hua....wahi har cheeze ke piiche ka logic...n ur dreamzz unlimited......reflecting a bit of everythin on your posts....n m nt goin to comment on wat i agree with n with not....in ur blogs....simply to say....they....simply say ...kabhi to woh din aayega jab kunnu....novelist banega.....waise software engineer ban gaya hai....baaki sab thik kar lega.....n yes tujhe dekh kar mera bhi man kar raha hai.....ki ab start kar hi dun.....hope...to start it by the end of th year....

    ReplyDelete